3XHOST is proud to bring together 7 leading certificate authorities and a wide-range of SSL at very reasonable cost.
Our vision is to provide the maximum web security to the website, and establish a secure environment in the age of the cyber world.
- 3XHOST promise 24/7 customer support via support ticket and calls.
- SSL compatibility with all major browsers.
- Compatible with Apache, IIS, Tomcat, Windows, exchange and other servers.
- Compatible with Linux, windows and other Operating System.
- Display a security seal on your site.
- Boost google search ranking.
YOU ARE JUST ONE STEP AHEAD TO MAKE YOUR WEBSITE SECURE!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – What is an SSL Certificate ?
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between a web browser and a web server. It is utilized by millions of online businesses and individuals to decrease the risk of sensitive information (e.g., credit card numbers, usernames, passwords, emails, etc.) from being stolen or tampered with by hackers and identity thieves. In essence, SSL allows for a private “conversation” just between the two intended parties.
To create this secure connection, an SSL certificate (also referred to as a “digital certificate”) is installed on a web server and serves two functions:
- It authenticates the identity of the website (this guarantees visitors that they’re not on a bogus site)
- It encrypts the data that’s being transmitted
Q – Are all SSL Cert the Same ?
No. There are many different types of SSL certificates based on the number of domain names or subdomains owned, such as:
- Single – secures one fully-qualified domain name or subdomain name
- Wildcard - covers one domain name and an unlimited number of its subdomains
- Multi-Domain – secures multiple domain names
- Domain Validation – this level is the least expensive, and covers basic encryption and verification of the ownership of the domain name registration. This type of certificate usually takes a few minutes to several hours to receive.
- Organization Validation – in addition to basic encryption and verification of ownership of the domain name registration, certain details of the owner (e.g., name and address) are authenticated. This type of certificate usually takes a few hours to several days to receive.
- Extended Validation (EV) – this provides the highest degree of security because of the thorough examination that is conducted before this certificate is issued (and as strictly specified in guidelines set by the SSL certification industry’s governing consortium). In addition to ownership of the domain name registration and entity authentication, the legal, physical and operational existence of the entity is verified. This type of certificate usually takes a few days to several weeks to receive.
Q- Who may need an SSL Certificate ?
Any individual or organization that uses their website to require, receive, process, collect, store, or display confidential or sensitive information. Some examples of this information are:
- logins and passwords
- financial information (e.g., credit card numbers, bank accounts)
- personal data (e.g., names, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates)
- proprietary information
- legal documents and contracts
- client lists
- medical records